About Me

My photo
I am an artist, a wife, a mother, a friend, a deviant and a special education teacher. I say artist first because I cease to be sane if i don't work on my art, seriously, I have to go into therapy... My work is an evolution of my experiences and philosophy. It spans multiple mediums and subjects, most recently focusing on the balance of expression and form. I spend a lot of time on chaos theory and macro/micro theory. The theory of balance and entropy in the universe fuels my inspiration. I love movies and philosophy, sometimes spiraling into deep conversations about both. These are my musings and thoughts, as well as insight into my artistic process and my work View more at: GoldenSpiralDesigns.deviantart.com redbubble.com/people/caitlinpadilla

Sunday, October 11, 2009

There's no business like it

people who work in film are a special breed. everyone knows at least one actor...they are their own thing all together. but i think the whole film industry attracts a certain personality. i have been going to wrap parties with jon for a while now, and they always seemed a little strange. i don't work with the people and often i feel like it is an opportunity for jon to schmooze and hang out and i just stay in the background. last night, though, was great. i finally know enough people to have fun and converse comfortably. there were also way more actors there, which was neat! i get star struck which is one of many reasons why i can't work in film. our attitude was different going in too, just to have fun, not necessarily network, but it ended up happening anyway. i really feel like it is a great chance for me to network also. it is hard work with long hours, and i can understand why they want to let loose when they get a chance. there is a lot of drama, and most everyone has to be the canter of attention, but i think that is human nature. even i want to be the center, i have that in me ;) it is always fun when an actor is enamoured of me ;) Glenn Gulia likes my laugh

No comments: