About Me

My photo
I am an artist, a wife, a mother, a friend, a deviant and a special education teacher. I say artist first because I cease to be sane if i don't work on my art, seriously, I have to go into therapy... My work is an evolution of my experiences and philosophy. It spans multiple mediums and subjects, most recently focusing on the balance of expression and form. I spend a lot of time on chaos theory and macro/micro theory. The theory of balance and entropy in the universe fuels my inspiration. I love movies and philosophy, sometimes spiraling into deep conversations about both. These are my musings and thoughts, as well as insight into my artistic process and my work View more at: GoldenSpiralDesigns.deviantart.com redbubble.com/people/caitlinpadilla

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

four letter words

so, yet again my ass has been kicked by my older sister ;) sometimes you need that. it's pointless to have a blog if you don't use it, so... i changed up the layout and added a bunch of gadgets! Fall is upon us! i just spent three days in Taos at a wool festival! i didn't even know they had wool festivals, but i guess it is not surprising. there are festivals for just about anything and woolis actually a commodity, that you can make shit with, so... Wool people are interesting to say the least. there is this big SCA Ren Fair vibe, and A LOT of pan flute, but the shawls are amazing! textile art, or cloth making (not sure what to call it) is a medium i just can't get into myself, but boy, i can appreciate the skilz! it was an arty weekend all around. i met a great artist who ons a gallery in taos and he was fab! the artist vibe is alive and well, though kind of beaten down by the economy. i have to get an etsy store!