About Me

My photo
I am an artist, a wife, a mother, a friend, a deviant and a special education teacher. I say artist first because I cease to be sane if i don't work on my art, seriously, I have to go into therapy... My work is an evolution of my experiences and philosophy. It spans multiple mediums and subjects, most recently focusing on the balance of expression and form. I spend a lot of time on chaos theory and macro/micro theory. The theory of balance and entropy in the universe fuels my inspiration. I love movies and philosophy, sometimes spiraling into deep conversations about both. These are my musings and thoughts, as well as insight into my artistic process and my work View more at: GoldenSpiralDesigns.deviantart.com redbubble.com/people/caitlinpadilla

Friday, October 9, 2009

Internal Combustion

well, i have finally figured out flickr! what an arduous task! when building a network of multi-media representations of oneself there are a lot of applications one has to sync together! so now i have four emai addresses! none of which can i forward or merge together wit any of the others, but i need in order to make the applications work! personal, work, website and now yahoo for flickr! and i have a facebook page! i think i have gotten it all rounded up though, so really i just have to check the personal and the website! ugh! food for thought, how many different social networking tools does one person need?! but i digress... this week has been jam-packed full of happenings and information! first i close on the house in two weeks! (hope) if nothing goes wrong i will finally have MY OWN STUDIO!!! i have not had a suitable studio since college! sneaking my easel out into the living room, making sure not to get paint on the burber carpet, or waiting until the weather is decent enough to go out on the patio is just not cutting it! the process of getting all of my supplies out, set up, comfortable and working for x amount of hours, only to then have to pack it all up back into the garage is enough to sap the inspiration right out of me! i am master to the whims of the muse, not what time everyone gets home from work. no offence, i am eternally greateful to have had a place to live rent free for the last three years, but it is creatively stifling. so that is great! i don't even remember what i own, it has been so long! i guess if i have made it this long without, do i really need any of it at all? i mean, i know some stuff will come in handy such as furniture and cookware, but i know my porcelain doll collection is just creepy! so the studio is a must, not to mention having one's own space! good things, mazel! ps, i'm going to be an aunt!

1 comment:

moongipsies said...

freakin awesome. I am so happy that you will be having a studio again... I know how important that is.