About Me

My photo
I am an artist, a wife, a mother, a friend, a deviant and a special education teacher. I say artist first because I cease to be sane if i don't work on my art, seriously, I have to go into therapy... My work is an evolution of my experiences and philosophy. It spans multiple mediums and subjects, most recently focusing on the balance of expression and form. I spend a lot of time on chaos theory and macro/micro theory. The theory of balance and entropy in the universe fuels my inspiration. I love movies and philosophy, sometimes spiraling into deep conversations about both. These are my musings and thoughts, as well as insight into my artistic process and my work View more at: GoldenSpiralDesigns.deviantart.com redbubble.com/people/caitlinpadilla

Monday, April 21, 2008

head in the clouds, feet on the ground

well, about a month ago my husband and i went out to europe for two weeks to see my brother who is studying in rome. my parents went a week before us and we met them there, they left and my sister and her husband joined us. it was absolutely amazing! we were in rome for 9 days, then we took a night train to bern switzerland where we took a day trip to gruyere to see the giger museum, then to amsterdam for two days! it was a whirlwind tour, and the last few days are kind of a blur, but my god was it fabulous! we saw so much, the city of rome is beautiful, there were buildings over 2000 years old next to a night club. everything was a lot closer together and smaller. the streets were like alleys, and the cars were tiny. i miss it already, and coming back the bigest "culture shock" is how far away everything is from itself. i really miss living in a city where you can walk anywhere you need to go. i still haven't sifted through all the information. i have gotten a new sense of motivation though, and i like that. i have joined a new non-profit called the wooden cow, and i am very excited about it. it looks like we are going to be a major part of the community. i feel good, and i want to make a difference. i think i am finally a part of groups that are going to make something happen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.