About Me

My photo
I am an artist, a wife, a mother, a friend, a deviant and a special education teacher. I say artist first because I cease to be sane if i don't work on my art, seriously, I have to go into therapy... My work is an evolution of my experiences and philosophy. It spans multiple mediums and subjects, most recently focusing on the balance of expression and form. I spend a lot of time on chaos theory and macro/micro theory. The theory of balance and entropy in the universe fuels my inspiration. I love movies and philosophy, sometimes spiraling into deep conversations about both. These are my musings and thoughts, as well as insight into my artistic process and my work View more at: GoldenSpiralDesigns.deviantart.com redbubble.com/people/caitlinpadilla

Sunday, February 24, 2008

money money money

so i had a show last night at La Iglesia, the new building we are using for the Albuquerque Arts Consortium. The AAC is a non profit organization i have become involved with whos goal is to offer arts education to the albq community at low to no cost. We are just getting off the ground and this party/show last night was a way to introduce us to the community. I sold two pieces! it was great, i was not expecting it, my show will be up for a month, so i thought it would take a while to generate business, but this was awesome! i feel great, a little elated and it is always kinda sad to see a piece go... but what am i trying to do here!? anyway i just feel great about it and it is giving me a renewed sense of acomplishment; and motivation.

No comments: