About Me

My photo
I am an artist, a wife, a mother, a friend, a deviant and a special education teacher. I say artist first because I cease to be sane if i don't work on my art, seriously, I have to go into therapy... My work is an evolution of my experiences and philosophy. It spans multiple mediums and subjects, most recently focusing on the balance of expression and form. I spend a lot of time on chaos theory and macro/micro theory. The theory of balance and entropy in the universe fuels my inspiration. I love movies and philosophy, sometimes spiraling into deep conversations about both. These are my musings and thoughts, as well as insight into my artistic process and my work View more at: GoldenSpiralDesigns.deviantart.com redbubble.com/people/caitlinpadilla

Monday, November 26, 2007

so, i go from not being abe to sleep, to emmense amounts of crazy intense, vivid dreams! i have had at least three separate vivid dreams within the last week. one: has been about a christmas journey. this dream consists of benign x-mas related things; finding and cutting down a tree, doing the normal x-mas thing, garlands, ornaments, that wierd box that no one remembers packing, but has somehow ended up in the obligatory "X-MAS 04" box scrawled in sharpie, that you haven't seen for years. the odd box, with the strange ornament that you made in fourth grade, (by today's standards, would have landed you squarely in special ed) kind of ornament. You smell that rank, cotton ball-ey should have been thrown-out-with-the-rotten-trash-kind-of-smell. AHHH, that's X-mass kind of smell. So, getting back on track, i have been having those kind of dreams... i dreamt that it was my high school reunion. one of our activities was going to a cirque du soleil show. while there i saw rachael brown, who i have't thought about years, there. we talked, like any strange happening, and went on our ways; upon reflection, i think my interpritation of the dream is more important than the dream itself.
Next i had a "stranded in a car over-night" dream about one of my male friends. it was very vivid. we were caught in a snow storm. supplies were limited. we could not afford to waste gas on heat so we had to provide our own! his scruffly face pressed to my bossom was not enough to satify the urge that lurked within... you can use your imagination to fill in the rest, sufficit to say i need to get back to the easel! all of this energy should be better weell spent!

No comments: